What is the Gospel?
Gospel means “Good News.” We believe God wants all people everywhere to know:
The God of the Bible created the Universe (Genesis 1:1; Acts 17:24) and that deep inside, we all understand that God exists. (Romans 1:20; Isaiah 45:18).
Mankind was created perfect, in the image and likeness of God, with freewill to obey or disobey God. When the first man, Adam, chose to rebel against God, the entire human race became sinful, and alienated from a Holy God (Genesis 1:26–27; Romans 3:22–23; 5:12; Ephesians 2:12). There is nothing in Adam’s fallen descendants with which God can be pleased. Mankind is, therefore, doomed to be separated from God ultimately in Hell (Isaiah 64:6; Romans 3:9–18; 6:23).
Because God loved us, He had a plan to save mankind. He chose to send His Son, Jesus Christ, the second member of the Trinity, to take on human flesh, and to live a perfect life on earth in our place, and to bear the wrath of God that our sin deserved and to die in our place. By His death on the cross, He paid the penalty our sin deserved, thereby securing our salvation (John 3:16; 19:30; Romans 5:8; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4).
God saves man by grace alone through faith alone in Jesus Christ alone. No works before, during, or after the moment of faith in Christ contribute anything to the free gift of forgiveness and eternal life one receives through faith in Christ (Ephesians 2:8-9).
There is no other way to be saved (John 14:6; Acts 4:12; 1 Timothy 2:5).
No act of obedience, whether preceding or following faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, may be added to, or considered a part of, faith as a condition for receiving eternal salvation. The saving transaction between God and the sinner consists simply of His giving and our receiving a free gift that is without cost to the believer (Romans 4:5; Galatians 2:16; Titus 3:5).
Rejecting His free gift will result in your separation from God for all eternity in conscious torment (John 3:36).
The salvation of all believers is kept secure forever (Romans 5:9-10; Romans 8:38-39; 2 Timothy 2:13; John 10:27-29).
What must I do to be saved?
The free gift of eternal life may be yours by believing that Christ alone died as your substitute (John 3:16; Acts 16:31). Trust in the promises of Christ alone for your eternal destiny and the safe keeping of your soul. Instead of trusting in yourself, your church, your own self-righteousness, trust exclusively in Jesus Christ.
If that is something that you have done or are now doing, then on the authority of God’s Word, you have changed your eternal destiny as you have been transferred from death to life (John 5:24; 6:47). If it is something that you would like more information on, please contact us so that you can know beyond a shadow of a doubt that if you were to die today, that you would spend eternity with God (2 Corinthians 5:8; Philippians 1:21-23).
How do I share the Gospel?
Now that you have an understanding of what the gospel is and how it saves an individual like yourself, how can you now share the good news with others? There are five essential truths to convey when sharing the gospel with unbelievers.
- Bad News #1: You are a sinner before a holy God. Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
- Bad News #2: The penalty for your sin is death. Romans 6:23 says, “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (See also Genesis 2:17).
- Good News #1: God, in His infinite love, provided Jesus Christ Who died for you and paid your sin penalty. Romans 5:8 illustrates this well. It says, “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Good News #2: You can be saved from hell by trusting in Jesus Christ alone to save you. Romans 4:5 teaches, “But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness.” Also, in Ephesians 2:8-9 it says, “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
- Good News #3: God wants you to know for sure that you are saved and have eternal life. John 5:24: Jesus says,“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. He also said in John 6:47, “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life. 1 John 5:13 says, “These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.