7. Exposing Chrislam

Answering Islam Conference
Session 7 – Exposing Chrislam
Shahram Hadian
Sugar Land Bible Church
7-8 November 2015

Good morning. What a blessing to be here before you. Let me get my stopwatch here. Pastor, you said 4:00 o’clock, right? Our flight doesn’t leave till after 5:00, so that should give us plenty of…. Just kidding. It’s been an absolute blessing to be here with you this weekend. Again, I cannot say enough…I thank you for the invitation, to pastor Woods and your leadership here in this body, for hosting this conference, for allowing us to come and to share what has been so close to my heart, my wife’s heart and our ministry. This is His ministry because we believe that in this hour it’s so critical for these messages to get out so the body of Christ can be equipped and educated.

As we said yesterday, the heart of these messages is not so that we leave here hating Muslims. As a former Muslim–I’ll just put a little bit of my background up on the screen there–you can see I was born in Iran as a Muslim who became a Christian 16 years ago. I believe the Lord has given me a greater heart since I’ve become a Christian for Muslims to reach them for Christ. However, as Andy just said, the problem is that over the last number of years we’ve seen an effort within the missional community, within the church community, that has been blending with sort of an ecumenical interfaith side of things. I believe and others believe that this is now a grave danger to the gospel, that there is a perversion of the gospel.

So here we are and Islam is growing. And as I said last night, in the last presentation, the only answer is the gospel. It’s THE answer. It’s what changed my life, it’s what changed my heart, it’s what has changed my eternity. And it’s the only thing that’s going to change any person’s heart, including the heart of Muslims–especially those that are steeped in the ideology of Islam and what Islam does to them. You will see again and I was very clear last night for those who were here. And if you were not, I know that you can get those messages on the church’s website. I encourage you to do that if you weren’t here–go listen to those messages. It was incredible what Andy shared yesterday and today, and also what we were able to share about the ideology of Islam, about what we see with Islam’s influence within our nation, our government, our schools, our laws, our national security. But last night it was really to expose Islam as a demonic spirit, as an antichrist spirit, that is set on not only refuting Christianity–denying every tenet of Christianity–but also with a deep-seated hatred for Israel. Islam at its core, as we shared last night, is deeply anti-Semitic because it is satanic at its core.

Today what we’re going to talk about is where has this notion of this blending of Islam and Christianity come from and how is it expanding, how is it impacting. And you’re going to see some mission organizations, as Andy said, that probably all of you like or support. You’re going to see some ministries, some pastors that we’re going to talk about. And listen, I’m just reporting the facts; I’m not the one who did the stuff. We’re just reporting what has been going on. So we’re going to go through that.

I do want to remind you that this presentation this morning is on DVD. On our table in the foyer, we have some of the videos from yesterday and today’s presentation on DVD. As I mentioned yesterday, my testimony of becoming a Christian is on the special features of that, as well as the testimonies of two other former Muslims who came to know Christ with very different stories. It’s amazing how the Lord is working.

I forgot to mention this last night. Andy mentioned Elam (or Iran/Persia) is going to be a strategic player in a negative way coming against Israel, as far as the nation of Iran. At the same time, as Andy mentioned, Persia was an integral part of God’s plan to rescue Israel throughout those times, including as he mentioned yesterday, throughout the captivity, post-captivity, in the rebuilding of the temple, in the rebuilding of the walls. So there is a special thing that I believe God is doing within the Persian people. We believe that the greatest revival right now in the world is happening inside the Islamic Revolution of Iran and because of the great persecution that has been upon Iran. The statistics are that pre-1979, there were less than a thousand Christians–born again, Muslim-converted Christians (I’m not talking about the Armenian Christians in Iran). Today that number is in the millions, because they can’t even articulate how many there are because of the underground churches and the house churches that are operating under great persecution.

So it is really phenomenal as the government of Iran that is demonically inspired… Folks, those people are not wackos or nut jobs. They are demonically inspired Shiite Muslims who literally believe that they’re ushering in their eschatology, their worldview. That’s why Ahmadinejad, their president, would always pray when you hear him, “I pray for the hastening of the coming of the Mahdi,” because they literally think they are supposed to cause chaos to quicken the coming of their Messiah. So they’re not crazy; they’re just fanatically fundamentally Shiite Muslims who are demonically inspired. But at the same time God is doing a great work.

So I stand here, before I get into the presentation, and say this: I am jealous for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am jealous for the Word of God and the name of God, because God is jealous for His name. So therefore the reason this is close to my heart…and I may get a little bit excited during this presentation, so I’m just warning you ahead of time. I’m going to apologize now if I get a little excited, because this perturbs me more than anything. We have no right to change the gospel. We have no right to change the Word of God. We have no permission to pervert something. [clapping] And listen, my blood pressure is already high and this is not good–I just started.

When Jesus came upon this earth and established the way, the path, that He is the only way, truth and life, He didn’t forget about the Muslims. He didn’t go, “Oh, gosh, I didn’t think about the Muslims in 2015.” The gospel is the gospel for every generation. And here we are today–you’ll see where we’re perverting, we’re changing, we’re adapting, we’re trying to make it more palatable, we’re trying to make it so it doesn’t offend. And you know that the gospel offends.

So what is Chrislam? As Andy mentioned, we’re going to expose Chrislam and get to the root of it. And there are some very obvious parts of it; there are some very seductive subtle parts of it that maybe even some of you are going to experience or have experienced in your churches, in your missional communities.

I want to start with two Scriptures. One of them was read this morning because this is describing the condition of the church. Remember, this is a retrospective presentation; this is now looking at us as Christians and our responsibility to the great commission and to the reaching out to the lost. This is the verse that we read from 2 Timothy where Paul, in verse 1 of chapter 4, brings that incredible charge, “For I solemnly charge you…” (I talked about this last night) “…before God the Father and Jesus Christ, the judge of the living and the dead…” to what? “…preach the word … in season and out of season.” [2 Timothy 4:1-2, “I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearance and His kingdom: [2] preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.”]

We’re supposed to preach the entire word, not parts of the word. But then he says in verse 3, “For the time will come when they…” And I always remind people, who’s the “they”? He’s talking about the church. He’s not talking about the pagans, the unsaved. “…for they…” (the church) “…will not endure sound doctrine…” The word “endure” if you look in the Greek, it literally means that they’re intolerant to it, that there’s a physiological reaction. Have you noticed if you try to speak righteousness to other Christians who don’t want to hear it and they don’t want to follow the Bible any more, that they get really angry now? They have a vitriolic reaction towards you because they don’t want to hear the word of righteousness any more.

So the time will come when they will not want to endure, or tolerate… Isn’t it amazing how they demand tolerance of us? The world and the liberal Christians demand tolerance of us, but yet they’re going to be intolerant because they are no longer consistent with righteousness. But wanting to have their ears tickled they accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance with their own desires, will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths, to deception, to lies. [2 Timothy 4:3, “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, [4] and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.”]

But, here’s the good news for us [2 Tim 4:5]: “But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.” Be filled with the Holy Spirit and fulfill your ministry. Jesus Himself warned us in Matthew 24, the passage that is talking about His Second Coming, that those who would deny the tribulation period and the times that we are heading for will deny that Matthew 24 is talking about the Second Coming of Christ. I read the chapter last night again, and I don’t know how you could read that and not understand that it’s warning us about these last days and perhaps preparing for His Second Coming. He said, [Matthew 24:4b] “See to it that no one misleads you. [5] ‘For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.”

I believe that this is part of this ecumenical movement that we’re seeing–the idea that, “Well, my Jesus, your Jesus, their Jesus, Muslims have Jesus–let’s just all get along.” I don’t think this is just someone who’s coming to pretend to be the Messiah. There are those who are coming in the name of Jesus and yet they’re false, because they’re not bringing in the true gospel and the true Jesus.

Then one other passage that I shared last night that we’re going to revisit this morning is the fact that the Bible very clearly defines, in 1 and 2 John, an antichrist spirit. It was very clear in 1 John 4 when it says, [1] “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. [2] By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; [3] and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.” So we established last night (and again I encourage you to watch that presentation online) very clearly that Islam fits the bill of an antichrist spirit, because you’ll see very clearly that they not only deny Jesus as God, but that He came in the flesh as God (and they deny every other tenet of Christianity).

So what is Chrislam? Let’s break it down as far as what the basic tenets of Chrislam are–the two major tenets of Islam. The number 1 tenet of Chrislam is that Christianity and Islam share a common word. There are many evangelical leaders out there that would say, “We do not support that Christianity and Islam are the same or have the same God, but we believe that there’s common ground in the Bible and in the Quran, the supposed holy book of Islam.

Now here’s my question to you: if a book is of God–we believe that the Bible is inerrant of God, correct?–then it’s a divine source. If two sources contradict, can they both be divine? If I could show you today that the Quran contradicts the Bible and the Bible contradicts the Quran, then there’s no way they can be common. This is a ridiculous argument, and yet you’ll see how many Christian leaders today are supporting this concept that there is a common word between Islam and Christianity. And part of it is because they look at the Quran and they see certain stories that are written in the Quran (that, by the way, are perverted stories of the Bible because early on in Mohammed’s history–because he was an illiterate sheepherder in the Arabic peninsula–stories were given to him, and these then eventually get plopped into the Quran).

Remember (I shared this yesterday), there is no original source for the Quran. There is not one original document source from the time of Mohammed, because he was illiterate. It was never written down. In fact, the earliest that we believe the Quran was even written was by the time of the third caliph. And yet 1.7 billion people are putting their faith and trust in this. And a bunch of Christians are saying now that we have common word with this. Those of us who are former Muslims are going, “Oh, my goodness, what dimension am I living in?” Okay, so again, we’re going to refute, but I just wanted to say to you this is what the number 1 tenet is.

Number 2 (this gets worse) the claim is that Jehovah God, the God of the Bible, is similar or synonymous to the god of Islam. In fact, one of the things you see within the interfaith movement is this idea of a common Abrahamic faith–the idea that Muslims, Christians, and Jews share an Abrahamic faith. Now why is that not an accurate statement? We put our thinking hats on, right? Do the Jews and Christian share an Abrahamic faith? Everyone should be nodding their heads yes. Do Muslims share an Abrahamic faith? No! Do Arabs share an Abrahamic faith? Yes, because Arabs are descendants of Ishmael. Ishmael was a son of Abraham.

Here’s the problem: only about 15% of the world’s Muslim population are Arab, so the majority of the world’s Muslim population is not Arab. And so how can they make the claim that it’s an Abrahamic faith? That claim is meant for deception, to pull us into this, “Oh, see, we all come from the same Father. We all come from the same God.” NO, because I’ll show you very clearly that Allah is from the pit of hell. Sometimes I’m a little too rough, don’t you think? They tell me this; I’m not quite sure why. Sometimes, you know, I want them to say, “Tell us how you really feel! Don’t mince your words.”

Okay, where does the source of this common word come from? Would you be surprised to know that it actually comes from the Quran? So the Quran has a passage that was used to pull Christians into a common word dialogue. Here is Surah 3:64. This is the passage that was used, as I’m going to show you in a minute, in a document called the Common Word document, that has been signed by many (quote unquote) “Evangelical” leaders. And this was the passage that was used by the Muslims to pull the Christians in. “O, people of the book!” I shared last night that when the Quran says, “O, people of the book,” this is talking about people of the Scripture–the Jews and Christians, predominantly the Christians.

“O, people of the book! Come to a common word between us and you…” You go, “This is fantastic! We’re going to have a common word dialogue!” But look what it says in the very next line: “…that we worship none but Allah, and that…” First of all, we don’t worship Allah. Number 2, we associate no partners with him. What do you think they’re talking about? The what? Not just Jesus, the Trinity–the entire Trinity. You’ll see many verses today where they deny the Trinity. “…and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allah.” So here’s the Shahram Hadian translation of this passage that should be very obvious to you: “Hey Christians and Jews, let’s sit down and have a common word dialogue so we can correct you.”

Did I miss something here? How do you sit down over coffee or over a baklava, or over halal meat and have a common word dialogue so that one can correct the other person–unless we’re being snowed, deceived, and snookered because we don’t know the Quran.

Okay, so what happened? Well, as a result of this, in 2006 one hundred twenty-eight Muslim scholars got together, experts in Islam. Because that’s what we should do, right? Listen to the Muslims? NO. As I said last night, if you want to know Islam, talk to former Muslims. So they got together to write a document, and anybody want to guess what it was called? A Common Word Between Us and You. I wonder where they got that from?

So they wrote this document and they sent it to the Christian community, to us. And it’s supposed to be an effort of outreach. And they say in this document, “Listen, we have a common word between us; let’s put our differences aside and let’s find common ground. And, by the way, we believe that we can focus on reconciling our differences.” You go, “1400 years of differences between Islam and Christianity and Judaism and now all of a sudden in 2006 we’ve reconciled?” Apparently. And “Oh, by the way, we’re not going to only focus on reconciling on common ground, but we’re going to focus on then building bridges of peace. AND, a couple of things we’ve got to ask you–number one, you need to apologize.” I’m not making this up. You can read the document for yourself; I’ll give you the link in a minute. “You need to apologize because you guys have wronged us, and so you need to apologize, but we can focus on reconciliation. And oh, by the way, here are the two things of the letter: we have a common love of God, and we have a common love of neighbor. So there you go–we can now have harmony and peace.”

So in 2008, a document was drafted at the Yale Center for Faith and Culture. That bastion of, you know…Of course Yale used to be a Christian institution, right? So they drafted a response to the Common Word, and it was called Loving God and Neighbor Together: a Christian Response to a Common Word Between Us and You.

The reason I’m covering this in the presentation is because this has had probably the most profound impact in missional practice to Muslims. This was basically an agreement that was made between major players in the Islamic world and major players in the Christian community, that “Look, because we have a common ground, we’re not going to basically focus on evangelism. We’re going to focus on building bridges of peace, friendship, and common ground.”

You go, “WHAT?” So here’s what this document… By the way, notice on the screen here, it’s forwarded by Tony Blair (former prime minister of Great Britain, known globalist, known interfaith guy). Okay, so they write this document and here’s what it says. Number 1, we agree to focus on reconciling Christianity and Islam. You go, “How can you reconcile Islam and Christianity?” Because remember, there’s a common ground according to them.

Number 2, we agree that we need to ask for forgiveness, yet they used the term “All Merciful One.” Now I can promise you, you can do Bible study every day of the week, twice on Sunday, and you will not find the term in the Bible, the “All Merciful One” describing the God of the Bible. But if you look at the Quran, you will find that term all over the Quran describing Allah. So the Christians ask an apology of Allah. So here people who have signed this document will say, “We don’t believe it’s the same God.” Then why are you apologizing to that god? And in the letter they say, “We ask you for forgiveness of two things: one–the Crusades, and two–the war on terror.” I’m not making this up. You’ve got to read the document for yourself. I’m just reporting the facts.

Now you go, “Well, who in their right mind would sign this document? Who would be deceived enough to sign this document?” Initially over 500 well-known Christian leaders, including Bill Hybels, Rick Warren, Robert Schuller, John Stott, Leith Anderson (President of the National Association of Evangelicals), almost the entire staff of Fuller Theological Seminary, and probably every major emergent church leader (that doesn’t surprise me, by the way) every major emergent church leader in the country signed this document (put their name on pen to a document) that says, “We have a common ground between Islam and Christianity, the Bible and the Quran.”

Now remember, I said to you at the very beginning, if I could show you that Islam is an antichrist spirit, then what does the light of God have to do with the darkness of Satan? And some of you know Walid Shoebat. You’ve heard the name, Walid. I had Walid on our radio show one time and I asked him about the Common Word document, and he said these individuals that signed this document (and I agreed with him 100%) covenanted themselves with the antichrist spirit. That’s how serious this is, folks. I know that people want to reach Muslims, and I know that some of these people probably are sincere in their desire to reach Muslims. But this is a grave error. And when I call out people like Rick Warren, do you know how many times I’ve been chastised by people? “You have no right to call out Rick Warren!” Well, guess what, I didn’t sign the Common Word Document. “Well, Rick Warren denies that he supports Chrislam.” Of course he denies that he supports Chrislam, because he’s a smart man! You need to ask him, “Why did you sign the Common Word document?” That’s the question. The reason is because if you watch a pattern of behavior, you see where they’re going. The whole point is to make peace. And I said to you last night, what the antichrist spirit does, what the antichrist wants, is to bring us into a false peace.

Isn’t that ultimately, Andy, what they’re going to do with Israel? That false peace. The antichrist is going to come and bring false peace with Israel. That’s the same spirit that we’re seeing in this entire ecumenical one-world religion: “Oh it’s all the same God; it doesn’t matter.” Of course it matters! There’s the website (www.yale.edu/faith/acw/acw.htm). If you want to go look at, read it for yourself. Don’t take my word for it. Read the document.

Okay, how has this document impacted the church behavior? Well, in 2011 a bunch of churches decided that they were going to do (they didn’t call it a Chrislam Sunday–that was my terminology), but they called it an Interfaith Sunday. They were going to have an Interfaith Sunday where many evangelical churches decided that they were going to focus their Sunday School lessons on the teachings of the prophet of Islam (Mohammed). They were going to have Qurans placed in the pews next to Bibles and be able to bring this dialogue. Some of them even invited the imams to come into the churches. This is a [church] sign of one of the interfaith efforts: “Eid Mubarak! Allah blesses you, our dear Muslim brothers and sisters. “

Now, here’s my question to you, because we know hundreds of churches that participated across the country in 2011 in this glorious Kumbaya day. Now some of them were not real churches. I said this last night, and I’ll probably upset somebody here (maybe, maybe not): I said if you have anybody in your life that claims to be a Christian who says they believe in interfaith dialogue and that they believe in universalism, you need to have the courage through the power of the Holy Spirit and lovingly tell them, “I’m sorry you’re not a Christian.” Agreed or not? Is that accurate or am I again being too harsh?

The God of the universe came to this earth and died for you and for me. And so when I carry His name, I carry that name proudly. I’m not one of these people, “Well, I don’t want to say ‘I’m a Christian.’ I’m a Jesus-follower. I’m one of those Jesus people.’” No, no, I’m a Christian! I’m a Christ-follower. I bear that name just like the Muslims wear those badges on their heads. We need to bear the name of Christ boldly and proudly and stop apologizing for being a Christ-follower. But the interfaith people say, “Well, you know, we’ve…. “ No, no! They’re not a Christian, because to follow Christ means to believe that He is the only way, right? Otherwise why would God do this?

Now here’s the interesting part; here’s my question to you. Several hundred churches–some legitimate evangelical churches, some that were these interfaith, ecumenical churches (that really, in my opinion, are not churches) but bottom line, they have this grandiose moment to really push this agenda for… How many mosques do you think attended this interfaith event? Zero? You guys have no faith that not one mosque…? You’re absolutely correct. We could not find one mosque that participated in this event. Now there were mosques that had, you know, Ramadan dinners and invited Christians to come and have Ramadan dinner with them while they’re serving halal meat. By the way, you know halal meat is meat that has been sacrificed to an idol. That’s Islamicly-sacrificed meat that has been sacrificed to Allah; it is hung upside down, the throat is cut, and the meat is blessed to Allah. You may want to read Acts 15 about the Jerusalem Council and what the conditions are. So we should be aware of that. By the way, if you go to a lot of stores now, if you buy lamb, you’re probably buying lamb that’s halal-certified, fyi. If you like lamb, like I do, you’re probably going to a butcher that gets specialized lamb, because up in our neck of the woods in Washington State–every Costco store, every major grocery store–all of the meat now that is lamb is all halal-certified. Okay, that was a sidetrack.

Come back to the mosques. So why would the mosque not engage in this? Anybody want to take a guess? Do you remember what Sirah 3:64 said? Come to a common word so we can correct you. So they pull us into the common word, right? We open our churches for them, put Qurans in our pews, have imams come in and teach about Islam (supposedly, it was a whitewash teaching). Yet not one mosque. Why? Because their teaching in their mosques is that the Bible is corrupt and that Christians are deceived. So they never open their doors, because I’ve said publicly if a mosque opened their doors and allowed me to come in and preach the gospel in that mosque, I’d take the invitation. I may not come back out–that’s okay–but I would take that invitation. [clapping]
The problem is they’re not opening their doors. They’re not that dumb, thank you! But we are; we did it.

Okay, can you give us some examples, Shahram? I’ll give you a perfect example. This was in our neck of the woods, in Tacoma, Washington, where a major church…and the reason I’m going to give you the name of the church is because I have fully exercised Matthew 18 with this pastor, to the point of individual meeting, to the point of inviting him to my presentation where he came and watched the entire presentation that you’re watching today, to the point where I went with a witness, another former Muslim. Two former Muslims went to the pastor of this church to bring correction to his action. This is pastor Dean Curry of Life Center in Tacoma, Washington. And what did they do? They invited an imam from Iran into their main services and brought him with his entourage there. And this guy, Imam Mousavi–notice he’s wearing a black turban. The black turban guys in Iran are ayatollahs of the Islamic regime; they believe that the black turban guys are descendants of Ali, so this is like the Iranian government.

So my first question was, to anybody that has any law enforcement experience, how did this guy get into Tacoma, Washington? How did he get into the country? We later found out that it was through an interfaith effort that President Obama did with his interfaith guru, Joel Hunter, who had agreed to go to Iran to visit the new Iranian president, Mr. Rouhani, and then he came back and gave the report, “Oh, the Iranian president is a moderate.”

Meanwhile, on that trip, Pastor Joel Hunter–of this big church that Obama supposedly supports or he’s a spiritual advisor [to Obama]–never once brought up Saeed Abedini or any other Christian that was in prison in Iran, and never once said that you need to release these people before we have dialogue with you. In the Iranian deal that we made with them, never once was it brought up that these Christians in Iranian prisons must be released, immediately, before we have any dialogue with you. So Mr. Mousavi comes in and he has his interpreter and his handler, and you can see his interpreter is there and in his hand he’s holding a big Quran. And so what does Imam Mousavi teach? He teaches the congregation at Life Center (six and a half thousand people) through multiple services and satellite services that the Quran esteems Jesus. So that’s why you see these tweets.

By the way, we couldn’t get the live video of this presentation because the church deleted it. All of their other services were there, so I had to interview (like a good former law enforcement officer) I had to interview people that had been at the service to get first hand reports. But look at some of the tweets. “Amazing to hear Imam Mousavi from Iran speak today about Jesus.” “What an amazing day for Jesus.” Deception? So we met with that pastor. I went with my spiritual father, who is another former Muslim. Two witnesses met with this man. “Pastor, this was error.” “No it wasn’t.” “Pastor, you need to correct this.” “No I don’t.” “Pastor, we’re going to call you out.” “That doesn’t matter. You have no right to call me out. We shouldn’t be calling out other pastors.” That’s what he said to me.

Well, as you can tell, I follow the Bible. So we warn people about this. Now some people have left that church, thank God. But this is one of these emergent churches—and they claim to be evangelical. Do you think the people in that church were confused? Do you think the people in that church believe that the Jesus of the Quran is the Jesus of the Bible? Right? So how are they going to witness to Muslims now? “Hey, Muslims! You guys believe in Jesus too! Did you know that?” How are they going to witness? How are they going to come and tell them the Jesus of the Quran is a counterfeit Jesus?

So let me start going through and refuting these things. First of all, let’s refute the whole idea of the common word, because this just off the bat should be the easiest one to refute. There is no common word dialogue. This is nonsense. First of all, the Bible tells us that Jesus is the Word, right? This is very critical, that Jesus is the Word. Of course you know, [John 1:1-2] “In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. [2] He was in the beginning with God.” So we know that this is a major tenet of our Christian faith, that not only is Jesus God but the Bible says He is “the Word.” So when we have the imagery, for example, of the sword of the Spirit or even the imagery of Jesus returning with something that looks like a sword coming out of His mouth, we know that’s representative of what? Of the power of the Word of God because He is the manifest Word of God.

When I talk to certain Christians they say to me, “Well, you know, there’s parts of the Bible I don’t like. I follow certain parts of the Bible, but I love Jesus.” I go, “No, you don’t love Jesus, because if you loved Jesus you would love His Word.” You see, I don’t operate in this warm fuzzy middle area. I operate with facts and logic, and people get upset with me sometimes because I’m not being “feeling” enough. You know what? I am being feeling enough–you can tell I’m a little bit “feeling” right now, aren’t I? I’m feeling a little bit angry right now! I’m feeling a little bit indignant right now–a little bit, I believe, righteously indignant right now that we’re perverting the very message of God. I am feeling! I know I’m not going to be giving a warm huggy feeling for this type of deception.

Jesus is the Word, and of course we know from what Paul says in Timothy, “All Scripture is (God-breathed)” inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.” [2 Timothy 3:16] So we know that all Scripture in its original manuscript, original language, is inerrant. That is a major tenet of Christianity. Except, that is not a major tenet now of most of these type of churches, because one of the things that has happened that has stemmed from people like Rick Warren–the emergent church movement and so forth–is the fact that now the very inerrancy of the Word of God has been disputed. That’s how they can get away with this type of nonsense, because the Word of God is not the Word of God. There’s no longer that absolute truth of the Word of God. So my question always to them is, “Well, if you don’t trust parts of the Word, how do you trust your salvation?” Those people love the idea that Jesus is their Savior, right? How do you trust your salvation? If parts of the Word of God are not true or maybe are made up, how do you trust the rest of the Word? This is how critical this is, right?

Now what is the Quran’s claim? Remember I said to you the Quran very clearly claims that the Bible is corrupted. Here’s another verse, and I’ll be sharing several. Here’s another verse, Surah 5:77 from the Quran. Again, this is titled to the Christians and the Jews, “O People of the Scripture…” How many times is the Quran giving us advice? And my recommendation is, ignore it, ignore it, ignore it. But here you go, “O People of the Scripture, do not exceed limits in your religion beyond the truth and do not follow the inclinations of a people who had gone astray before and misled many…”

Who are they talking about? I said to you last night that Islam believes in progressive revelation. Allah supposedly sent Abraham–the people messed it up. Allah sent Moses–the people messed it up. Allah sent David, Allah sent Jesus–everybody messed it up. So now Allah has to bring Mohammed to bring the final revelation. And remember, the same angel Gabriel that comes to Mary, the Muslims believe is the same Angel Jibreel (Gabriel) who came to Mohammed and refutes what was given to Mary and to the apostles in the time of Christ. Same angel, apparently.

Well, you and I know logically one of them is true and one of them is an absolute lie. There can’t be a 50% lie here, folks. It’s either one is 100% true and one has got to be 100% lie. Correct? In fact, that’s why you’ll see billboards like this around the world. This is out of Australia and it says: The Holy Quran…” (look at what it says on the bottom) “…The Final Testament.” Do you think that’s an accident? Who are these billboards for? Agnostics, lukewarm Christians–Christians who don’t know the Word of God–so that we would come and say, “Oh, you know what? Yeah, we messed it up. The Quran is the final message.” And then we have these pastors that invite imams into the churches.

But before I go to this next one let me stop there. I could spend half an hour giving you verse after verse about what the Quran claims and I’ll share some others as we go. And I shared with you last night that the Quran denies every major tenet of Christianity. So I just said to you earlier this morning, if I can show you that one source refutes the other source…The Bible claims it is the inerrant holy inspired Word of God. The Quran claims we’ve corrupted Allah’s message and that it’s the final testament. And it refutes every major tenet.

So just from a logical standpoint–forget faith–just from a logical standpoint, how can we even have dialogue to say that there is any common word between them? “Oh, but there’s stories in the Quran that are in the Bible.” Yes, I shared with you one last night, like the story of Abraham. The Quran says Abraham was going to sacrifice his son. You go, “So far so good.” Abraham was going to sacrifice Ishmael… Oops, time out. And Abraham was going to sacrifice Ishmael in Mecca…Oops, wait a second–we’re a bit off. Surah chapter 3 talks about Mary, the mother of Jesus. You go, “So far so good.” Mary was a virgin, gave birth as a virgin. Of course, they believe that the angel Gabriel blew into her womb (they don’t believe in the Holy Spirit) so they believe it was Gabriel who blew into her and she got pregnant apparently.

The Quran is one of the most unscientific books on the planet earth. Anybody that’s a scientist would be sickened by what’s in the Quran as far as their so-called science. So then later in that verse–so far so good, right? –Mary, mother of Jesus, a virgin. And it literally says two lines in that same verse, “Mary, the sister of Aaron…” Did I lose anybody here? You go, “Aaron? Like Aaron and Moses Aaron? Wasn’t that like 800 years, a thousand years before? She was really old.” [laughter] She would be like the oldest person in the world, right? Wasn’t Methuselah 969? She would smash that record. You go, “What the heck?” Oops, just a few details, right? Those few details and many other things make it a completely corrupted book–the Quran (not the Bible). No common word.

Okay, what about this common God? Let’s look at this now. Is Jehovah and Allah the same? What does the Bible say about Jehovah? We’re going to look at three major characteristics of Jehovah God. Of course, there are thousands we could talk about, but we’re going to look at three major characteristics.

Number 1, the Bible is very clear that Jehovah Yahweh is the one and only true God and no other gods shall be worshipped. Exodus 34:14, “For thou shalt worship no other god…” Why? “…for the LORD, whose name is Jealous,” is jealous for His name. He’s “God.” And I’ve asked the question of these missionaries–who want to tell me it’s okay to use Allah to describe the God of the Bible–I say, “You know, didn’t God give us His names in the Bible? I don’t mean in the Greek (Theos, Theos, Theos). I’m talking about in the Old Testament, in the Hebrew: Adonai, El Shaddai, Yahweh, Jehovah. We have obviously the characteristics, Jehovah-Rapha, Jehovah-Nissi, Jehovah-Jirah. We named our first son after Jehovah-Jirah: Jeriah, God is our provider. God gave us His name and He’s jealous for His name. How come once He didn’t say, “My name is Allah, by the way?” And today we have missionaries…you’ll see in just a minute that they’re doing linguistic gymnastics. “Oh, you know, the Aramaic was Elohim, and then it was changed over time in the Arabic to Allah.” That’s a new one, by the way, that’s in major missionary circles. Everything I’m telling you folks, I promise you I’m not making up. You can go and research it for yourself. These are the major missionary practices now. So people me and other former Muslims, we are like dinosaurs. We’re like the troublemakers. We don’t get invited to these events very often.

What else does the Bible say about God? This is very important, right? The Bible says that the God of the Bible is a God of Love. “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.” [I John 4:7-8] That is critical to understand the characteristic of God. And I love what Andy said last night, that in the Greek language it allows us to properly explain the different aspects of the love of God. Of course, most of the New Testament, when the word “love” is used it is the word what? Agape, right. That is the commitment love of Christ. It’s not the feely, warm, huggy, fuzzy love, because if Jesus had that kind of love before He was going to the cross, maybe He wouldn’t have gone on the cross, right? But the agape love of God led Him to the cross for us, for humanity. Right?

Okay, number three, the Bible says—again, very critical–there is no lie in God. “God is not a man. that He should lie, nor a son of man that He should repent…” [Numbers 23:19] By the way, these are all from the NASB. “…has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?” Now, this is an important verse, because if we start questioning parts of the Bible as far as not being of God, then we may have to question the very gospel itself. But because we know the Bible says God does not lie like a man…And that’s why Andy’s talking about Israel–if God made that covenantal relationship… I love what he said, that through the Mayflower Compact and through other compacts, man has tried to make a covenant with God, but that was the only time God made covenant with man.

And so that covenant—that covenant–He can’t break it, because He would be lying. And the moment He lies about that, everything else has to go out the window, right? Including our salvation, and including the Second Coming. So this is very critical that we understand.

Now, here’s my question, and we’ll spend just a little bit of time on this. Who is Allah? Because now the major accepted missionary practice from groups like Frontiers, SIL, YWAM, and (just recently I found out) even my beloved Voice of the Martyrs are now saying (I have the booklet back on the table, so you can look at it for yourself; I showed you yesterday, Andy, so you can verify) that they are now saying that it is permissible to interchange the word Allah for the God of the Bible, particularly for Arabs, Muslims that are coming to Christ). And, they’re putting it in Bible translations. I’ll show you that in a little bit in the presentation. So this is now permissible practice, because if they will claim Allah simply is a generic Arabic word for God, no big deal. Nothing wrong.

So let’s look at who Allah is. I’m going to make the claim and then we’re going to hopefully back it up. You will see that the pre-Islamic Allah was specifically a moon god and a chief god–not just of anybody, but of the tribe of Mohammed. In Mecca there were 360 idols (because remember the old calendar is 360 days) and they had one idol for every day of the year. So they were being worshipped in a place called the Kaaba (I’ll show you a picture of it in just a minute). And as they were being worshipped in a very paganistic Babylonian ritual type of way, there was a chief deity over that place. But the specific God that is associated with Allah was of the tribe of Mohammed (his tribe was called the Qurayash). Why? Because his family was actually responsible for the upkeep and the maintenance of the Kaaba.

Remember again, we’re talking about pre-Islam, right? Because the claim of these missionaries is that Allah was being practiced pre-Islam. Allah was being used in the Arabic Peninsula even by Arab Christians pre-Islam, and therefore it’s permissible to use it now. So what does the word Allah actually mean? Well, the word Allah does not mean “a” God; it means “the” God. Now why is the “a” and the “the” so important? Is that an important distinction?

In the beginning was a God, and He was a God. Isn’t that part of the Mormon theology? Am I accurate with that? He was a god–one of many gods. The Bible says “In the beginning was the God.” He was God. Period–one God. A pretty big difference, right? Well, if we say Allah (the root of Allah, which is the Arabic word Al-ilah, means “the” God. Al never means “a” in Arabic, by the way. Al means “the.” So He’s “the” God. We go, “The God of what?” He was the God of the Kaaba. So the Kaaba that was being worshipped–this black building that now they worship in Mecca–the hajj…Remember I talked to you about one of the Five Pillars of Islam, the hajj, where they go to Mecca on their lifetime pilgrimage? Well, this Kaaba was being ritualistically worshipped before Mohammed. They had idols in them, and so the Kaaba was actually called Beit-Allah (the House of Allah). You go, “Well, why was it a house?” Because he was the chief god, the chieftain god, over the 360 idols. He was being worshipped as the chief god over 360 idols.

Now missionaries today will say, “Well, when we talk about using Allah, this is the same example of Paul going to Mars Hill in Athens.” And you remember the “unknown statue?” And he said, “Well, this is an unknown statue; you guys are wrong. Let me show you who the real God is.” And he took them to that journey. And they’ll claim, “This is the same thing we’re saying. Allah is just unknown, he’s generic, and we’re just coming along and telling the Muslims, “No, no–Allah is the God of the Bible.” There’s a problem though, right? You can see the problem.

First of all we have the pre-Islamic problem. Then we have the post-Islamic problem. The pre-Islamic problem was Allah was not generic. He was being worshipped as a chieftain deity. He’s not a generic; it’s not the same example of the unknown god of a statue because he was known. It’s his house! He had a house! Now Mohammed claimed that once he came from Medina back to Mecca, I said yesterday he had made a ten-year treaty called the Treaty of Hudabaiyah, which of course he broke. (Remember I told you yesterday Iran and the U.S. made the same agreement, ten years.) Mohammed goes back to Mecca and supposedly then after the revelation from Allah that they’re supposed to go back to monotheism, he goes back in there and destroys all of the idols, except he keeps one. It happens to be the god of his tribe and that god had a specific identity and name. Here’s the name of that God: Hubal, or Hu-Baal. Now who is Hubal? Anybody want to guess? He’s Baal, but specifically it was Baal tied to moon worship. So he’s the moon deity. In the Kaaba right in that corner, right here in this corner by these big doors, there’s a black rock, it’s right here, you can’t really see it in this picture. Before Islam, that black rock had been in this thing and they believe, according to tradition, that it had fallen from the moon. It was a meteor and they were worshipping it.

When Mohammed comes on the scene, he says, “No, no, no–that’s wrong. That rock was the rock that Abraham was going to sacrifice Ishmael on. And they basically made a metal form for it which very bizarrely (I know that’s not a right word) looks like the female body part. And now Muslims go to that place. My spiritual father, Pastor Mark…Remember I told you the story last night that he was praying, and he was told that he was praying in the wrong accent because he had gone to Mecca on a pilgrimage? He was praying right in that corner, and they’re told now that Muslims have no guarantee of salvation except martyrdom. They’ve got to become a Shahid. But if they choose not to become a Shahid, then they must be a good Muslim–but they must go to the hajj, touch that stone, kiss that stone, and maybe—maybe–that will get them extra points. Remember Andy was talking about its works-based? So that’s why they go to that corner. But that was being worshipped pre-Mohammed as a pagan image: Hubal, the moon god.

Now watch this. Remember I said earlier Mohammed’s father, uncle, grandfather are all tied into the Kaaba. In fact, his father’s name was Abdullah. Abdullah means the slave of Allah, so if Allah was just a generic term for God… Can you imagine someone being called Joe God? That doesn’t make sense, does it? But if there was a name that was tied to a specific deity, like Allah, it would have more connotation. So his name is tied to that deity; it’s not an unknown deity. So what is it? Allah was Hu-Baal. Allah is Hu-Baal. Allah is the pagan god of the moon. And these missionaries will say, “But listen, we are bringing them the revelation of the true God. It’s just like what Paul did.” I said, “Wrong! It’s not just like what Paul did. What Mohammed did is just like what Paul did. Mohammed comes and tells the people in Mecca, ‘Look, you’re worshipping this false god. Let me now tell you who he is.’” And he brings the revelation of the Quran, the revelation of Islam. And today we have a revelation of who Allah is. He is no longer unknown. He is no longer a generic god or a god of idols. He is the god of Islam.” And these missionaries are telling me, “Listen, Arab Christians over in the Middle East, when they pray they can pray and differentiate between the little Allah, (this is literally; I have the email that I got from a missionary) the little allah and the big Allah. The little allah is the unknown allah; the big Allah is the Allah of Islam.

I go, “What?” They’ll say, “Well, they’ve been doing it,” or they’ll say, “Oh, you know, the Arabic Bible translations–they use Allah.” I go, “Yeah, but the first Arabic Bible translation, if you look at the conservative numbers, wasn’t done until maybe the 8th century, some say about the 10th century. Well, that was way after Islam had already sacked Europe. You don’t think Islam has an influence in destroying cultures and languages when it takes over?” So we have to understand all of these things are corrupted. They’re trying the old Aramaic route. They’re trying the whole aspect of, “Well, Arab Christians do it.” And the bottom line is, it doesn’t matter. It’s wrong!

By the way, in Arabic…There’s a gentleman that we had on our radio show, a brother in the Lord, George Houssney, who is from Lebanon. He’s a former Muslim, speaks fluid Arabic. And George actually is one of the ones who confronted some of these mission organizations–including Frontiers and Wycliffe–that I’ll talk about, on corrupted Bible translations. One of the practices that Wycliffe was doing, which they later corrected, was the fact that they were allowing people to translate in their own culture. You know how the Bible says “Lamb of God?” Well, they were allowing them to translate the “Lamb of God” into whatever animal was reverant for them. So the Bible will read as “the cow of God,” or “the dog of God” because it was contextual. And he was saying, “No, no, no, no, no! You can’t do that; that’s not a contextual argument. It’s ‘the Lamb of God’ in every culture!” Okay, remember I said to you earlier, this is pre-Islam? Pre-Islam. This is historically based. Most Muslims don’t know the history of this. This is historically based where we know what the pagan roots of Allah were. You can never say that it was a generic deity.

But what’s post-Islam? What does the Quran say about Allah? Well, the Quran says many things about Allah, but here’s what the Quran doesn’t say about Allah. Do you know the Quran never says about Allah that he’s a God of love? Not one place in the Quran does it say that Allah is a God of love. What does the Bible say about if it’s not love, it’s not of God? God is a God of love, right? Remember I also said that in the Bible, God says He does not lie? Right? Who’s the liar in the Bible? Satan. What is he called? The father of lies. In the Quran there are 99 names that are ascribed to Allah. Here’s one of those names. “Allah Khayrul-Makereen” or “Al Makr. ”I covered this last night—Makereen. Makereen, Al Makr, means “deceiver.” Khayrul means “the chief of.” So Allah is “the chief of the deceivers.” That’s why, as I covered last night, not only is lying permissible in Islam, it is in fact part of Sharia law. They have obligatory lying to protect the umma (the community). Why? Because Allah is the chief of the liars.

“Oh, but it’s the same God, Shahram. You need to calm down, go on a vacation.” I’ve asked my wife. I’ve tried to go on vacations. I come back and I’m still dealing with this stuff! It doesn’t go away! In fact, it’s getting worse! This is why we have the concept in Islam, in the early house of Islam… Remember I told you about three types of lying that are permitted? The type of lying that is permitted is called Taqiyya, which is supported by verses in the Quran and in the Reliance of the Traveler (ROT means the Reliance of the Traveller, which is this book that I talked about, which is accepted Islamic law). In their source of Islamic law, lying is permissible because why? Allah did it. And Mohammed did it. This is the core of Islam. Even to the point where, remember, they are able to lie and say they’re a Christian–unless you ask them to denounce something of Islam.

Now I want to bring up something very interesting that I haven’t brought up before. I was talking to Andy about this and I thought maybe we could explore this today. And I’m not presenting to you as “thus saith the Lord;” I’m just saying this is something that’s very interesting. Many of you know that… well not this part, Allah is satanic, that part is for sure, so don’t worry about that. Many of you know that there are some who refute the idea that the passage in Isaiah 14:12, which many do believe describes the fall of Satan from heaven, some have said, “Well, this was a governmental leader.” I personally don’t support that view; I think it is what it is. Now the King James takes a big leap, and I put it here, not to say that it’s correct but just so I don’t support the translation there. “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations.” In the NASB and every other translation, it does not use the word “Lucifer” because in the Hebrew that word is Halal (or helel).

Now I just talked about Halal. The word Halal in Islam means “clean,” means “pure.” But the Halal of the Hebrew language, that word means “a bright light” or “a bright moon.” It’s talking about a new moon. It’s not talking about the sun; it’s talking about the light that the moon gives off. So it’s been translated a bright moon or shining moon. When the passage then uses the term “sun of the morning,” the word Halal or Helel is used for the word Lucifer. So in the Hebrew you don’t see the word “Lucifer.” You see the word Halal.

The next word in there, “son of the morning” is translated in the Hebrew “Ben Sahar,” son of the morning (or morning star). So now you put those two together and what do you get? Halal Ben Sahar, or Helel Ben Sahar. Bright moon, shining moon, son of the morning. Now who is the real son of the morning? Christ, right? He is the Son of the Morning Star, correct. Now, what’s the symbol of Islam? The moon and the star. But that’s just a coincidence probably. Or, could it be that all along, God has warned us of what to look for if we understand what we’re looking for from the Word of God? The description of the fall of Satan from heaven, which personally I believe is the only way you can really ascribe this–that it is not talking about an earthly king, but it is talking about Satan himself. But I know some believe that. But it’s interesting–the wording–isn’t it?

So then I was praying, “Lord, is there anywhere in the Bible that we’re given the word Allah?” Because all the people are saying, “Oh, it’s the same god, same god, same god.” Is there anything You can show me from Your Word? So then I was looking at the next passage, the very next passage, in Isaiah 14:13, “But you said in your heart…” Who’s he talking to? Who’s the you? Well, it’s talking about Satan if that is the context, right? “I…” Satan says, “…I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God, and I will sit on the mount of assembly in the recesses of the north.”

So I’m doing a word search, I’m looking at the original language, and I go, “What’s the word “ascend?” And all of a sudden it jumps out as the word “alah.” I go, “Well, that’s another coincidence.” Now, it’s spelled differently, as you notice, in the Hebrew, but it is the same context
–alah. And so I thought well, that’s interesting. Could it be that God is revealing to us, certainly from the language, because who is He describing? Satan falling from heaven, being the bright moon and the morning star, mimicking…By the way, what also is Satan called? Lucifer. What does that mean? Bearer of light. He masquerades as an angel of light. And therefore in the next passage, the word “ascend” is the word “alah” in the Hebrew. Again, just for your information. It may mean nothing, but it’s describing, I believe, very clearly, the characteristic of Satan. But it’s very interesting, right? Halal Ben Sahar.

Now I want to wrap up the argument part of going back and forth, because I hope I’ve shown you there is no common word. I hope I’ve shown you there is no common God. Now can you see why I’m so adamant, and others who are former Muslims are so adamant, with these missionary organizations and these church pastors. We are saying to them, “Stop using the term Allah to describe the God of the Bible. It’s not contextual. It’s not cultural. It is a spiritual element. It describes a spiritual entity. Allah is not an unknown god. Allah is a known God. And even if Allah before Mohammed was an unknown God, Mohammed came and did what Paul did–he showed us, “Here’s the unknown god; let me tell you who he is.” And that god refutes everything about the God of the Bible. It can’t be the same God. This is error, error, error. And I have lost friends, I have lost pastor friends, I have been uninvited to churches, I have been uninvited to mission conferences, or not invited to mission conferences, because I’m one of those sticky people who refuses to call the God of the Bible Allah.

Let’s talk about Jesus now. Remember, they brought the imam to talk about Jesus. The Bible says about Jesus some incredible characteristics, the most important being that He’s the Son of the living God. Now I’m not going to have time to read this verse that you see there, but you clearly know that Jesus claimed equality with the Father and He claimed deity. I know some people say, “Well, we believe Jesus is the Savior but we don’t believe He was God.” I don’t know how you could read the Scriptures and believe what he said and not know that He was claiming He was God. You may not agree that He was God, but He claimed He was God. Remember the “I am” statement? Just the “I am” statement alone… but we know that He was the Son of the living God.

Now here’s the other important part. We know that He was fully God, then became fully man. Remember what that passage from Paul said in Timothy? Any spirit that denies that Jesus has come in the flesh is what? The spirit of antichrist. [1 John 4:2-3, “By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; [3] and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.”] The Bible says, “The word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and full of truth.” [John 1:14] This is critical.

Then lastly we know the Bible says that He is the only, only, only, only–a couple of more onlys–path of salvation. “Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.’” [John 14:6]. And yet how many Christians today are starting to believe in universalism? “Well, maybe he didn’t mean ‘only.’ Maybe he meant ‘mainly.’ Maybe he was, you know, the main way, but he wasn’t the only way.” What are we doing when we say that? Exactly–we are denying Christ before men! And I take what he said seriously: “…whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father…” [Matthew 10:33] See, I take that pretty seriously, folks. I don’t know about you, so I’m not going to deny Him before men.

Okay, what does the Quran say about this Jesus? “Remember, it’s the same! We just have a couple of minor differences, but the Quran esteems Jesus.” Well, Jesus is mentioned over 97 times in the Quran, but every time he’s mentioned–by the way, it’s “Isa” in the Quran–every time he’s mentioned, he’s mentioned as a prophet (a Prophet of Allah only). So right off the bat, the Quran clearly denies the deity of Jesus.

Number 2, the Quran denies the fact that He’s come in the flesh. This is another billboard that I covered with you last night, where you see Muslim groups put this stuff up again for Christians (I believe) Jesus is the prophet of Islam. Notice, He’s only a prophet. Here’s a verse out of Surah 5 where the Jesus of the Quran–the Isa of the Quran–himself denies the Jesus of the Bible. “The Messiah has said…” Notice they call Him Messiah, but look what He says, “…Indeed, he who associates others with Allah – Allah has forbidden Him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire…” So if you associate any partners with Allah (this is the Jesus of the Quran) you’re going to go to hell. The Messiah (according to him, the son of Mary) was not but a messenger. That means that he was not but a prophet. So all you Christians, stop saying He was God–according to Islam.

It goes on to say, if you don’t think that was strong enough, “And they say…” (this is claiming about Christians again, the People of the Book) “…the Most Merciful (Allah) has taken (for Himself) a son…” Now you think that they don’t feel strongly about this? Watch this: “…Assuredly you utter a hideous thing, whereby almost the heavens are torn, and the earth is split asunder and the mountains fall in ruins;…” if you say that Allah has a son. Is that pretty strong?

Clearly in the Quran, clearly in Islam, Allah is not a father, is not a son. I showed you last night Surah 1:12, verse 4 that actually says Allah is not begotten nor does He beget. And Muslims pray that at least 15 times a day in their daily prayers, reciting it in perfect Arabic. Remember I said to you last night, most Muslims do not speak Arabic. They have to learn to pray in Arabic in order to do their daily prayers, even though they don’t speak Arabic. Because Allah–and I’m being facetious–I’m going to tell you here, Allah is so powerful that he only understands one language. Let that settle in for a minute. “I’m the God of the universe. All of you have to learn to speak my language.”

Here’s another billboard that I showed you last night, meant for lukewarm Christians to convert us from that group ICNA, The Islamic Circle of North America. This is in Norcross, Georgia. “Find Jesus in the Quran,” Surah 3:45.” Well, that’s the chapter that says Jesus was born to Mary, a virgin. And people are going to say, “See, it’s the same.” But that’s the chapter that says Mary was the sister of Aaron. Do you think if you actually called 1-877-W-H-Y-I-S-L-A-M…And I told you you’d better not. I shouldn’t say I told you; that’s not very nice. I’m begging you, make sure you never call that number, okay? Unless–unless–you plan on calling them and evangelizing them. That may be something the Lord may lead you to do. But you need to understand what the Quran says in its totality, which is why we’re here, why we’re doing this, and why these conferences are so important for us to get the message out.

Now, before I go any further I want to ask you this: Is it clear that the two Jesuses are opposites of each other? One refutes the other. One is the true God and one is the counterfeit. So the Jesus of the Quran denies not only the Jesus of the Bible’s deity, but that He came in the flesh, that he is the Son of God, and that He’s God. According to 1 John, that’s the spirit of antichrist. So what I covered last night–Islam being in denial—was that Islam denies the Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). Islam denies the crucifixion ever happened. Islam denies the resurrection ever happened. Islam denies the Father and the Son. Islam denies Isaac as the legitimate seed of the blessing given to Abraham.

By the way, why is that so critical? Why is it so critical that the seed of Abraham–the legitimate covenantal seed–is Isaac and not Ishmael? [someone answers] Well, it would make the Jews not legitimate, but there’s one more important reason. The Messiah–the prophecy of the lineage of Messiah. If you break that seed, you break the lineage. Isn’t that what Satan wants to do? Well, he’s brought Islam to do it for him, right?

And lastly, Islam denies Jesus’s return as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, because of the fact that they believe that He’s going to come back as a prophet and be a sidekick (I covered this last night) for their messiah. Now here’s the news that I know all of us know here but I have to say it. They’re going to be eternally wrong. This is why this is so serious and why we need to be bold with the gospel to share with Muslims to rescue them out of this demonic garbage (as I was rescued). Because why? Because we know Jesus is coming back. He is coming back as the Lord of Lords and King of Kings. And He’s coming back to step on this earth to judge all human beings, to separate the sheep from the goats. And people who are going to be wrong are eternally wrong.

We have to love Muslims enough to not just go and sit and have a meal with them, or go and have a hot dog with them, or go and have halal meat with them. We have to love Muslims enough to share the gospel with them. And the gospel isn’t just friendship. The gospel is the message of repentance. We still believe in the blood, right? We still believe in the cross, right? We still believe in the atonement, right?

I’m going to wrap up by covering very briefly…In fact, we are working on another presentation that I’m going to be putting out specifically to refute and to work on this Chrislamic influence, or what some would call an Islamized missional practice now. Because we have groups in missions that are promoting the common word document, and they’re promoting Allah and Jehovah. I’ve mentioned to you some of them, but this is one that’s coming into the churches. There are a lot of missionary organizations that are using this to come into the churches in the mission groups and they’re called Hub Communities. They want to encourage Christians to find Muslims as friends and build friendships.

I don’t have a problem with that part of it, but then as you read the Hub community pamphlet, you start seeing that it goes further. They say. “Well, we want to encourage you to have a Bible study.” But what they really mean is, “We want to encourage you to have a Bible slash Quran [Bible/Quran] study because the goal is what? Find common ground. What they also will call it is things like “bridge building.” Here are some groups: Crescent Project, Camel Method, King’s Way Document. These are bridge building. The idea is let’s open the Quran, let’s open the Bible, find common passages, and then bring them to the Bible. The problem is if you do that, you’re acknowledging that the Quran is somehow correct.

And what they do with the Quran studies that I’ve seen with these hub community folks is the people that… Listen, these are people that are in churches, right? How many Christians in churches do you think have any kind of a deep knowledge of Islam? So they go into a Bible study with Muslims, a lot of whom are well versed and well trained. They’ve been taught in their mosques how to critique Christians. Isn’t that what I showed you today from all these verses? You Christians, you’re wrong. The Bible is corrupt. Jesus isn’t God. There’s no Holy Spirit. There’s no Father. On and on and on and on.

And then as Christians we don’t know how to refute it. They open the Quran and we don’t know what it says in the Quran, so they’ll pick and choose pieces of the Quran and you won’t know. This is very dangerous, and as I said, the Hub Community starts well but then it goes off the track. The major sponsor of the Hub Community is Frontier. Frontier is supporting things like the Insider Movement. You go, “What’s the Insider Movement?” In fact, actually even now, unfortunately many YWAM bases (we verified this) are supporting SIL. They’re supporting the idea of the Insider Movement.

Here’s what the Insider Movement says: Muslims can accept Jesus Christ as Savior but stay as a Muslim for a time. They’re called insiders. So what happens is the Muslim gets saved, let’s say (or supposedly saved). But maybe they’re afraid of persecution and they don’t want to tell their families. So the missionary says to those Muslims, “Go back to your family. Don’t tell them you’re a Christian. And if they ask you, tell them you’re still a Muslim, go to the mosque, do your prayers, don’t change anything until such time as it’s safer for you to come out. That’s the Insider Movement. This is again a major, major movement within the missional practices.

I’ve talked to a missionary from the Philippines who’s worked in the wake of this Insider Movement, and he has told me even of those ones that may be legitimately converted to Christianity, 85% will go back to Islam because they never had a true faith. Because what is the true faith? The Spirit of God is saying come out. But the missionaries will say, “Oh no, no–Islam is just a cultural phenomenon.” Have I not shown you and hasn’t Andy shown you that Islam is a demonic antichrist phenomenon? It’s a spiritual phenomenon. Can you imagine telling somebody that’s a former Satanist or Wiccan into satanic worship that, “Listen, you can become a Christian but still go to the temple, do your satanic prayers, do your whatever, do your incantations?” Can you imagine saying that to them? No. Would the Spirit of God say that to them?

And here’s another thing. Would the Spirit of God lead us to tell somebody to lie to people? Don’t tell people you’re a Christian. If they ask you, you tell them you’re a Muslim. Isn’t that encouraging lying? Isn’t that encouraging denying Christ? But apparently it’s now a tactical missional approach. And Shahram, you just don’t get it–it works! NO it doesn’t! But it gets worse.

The next one is called–this is where emergent church people are doing this–it’s called Messianic Muslims. You go. “Huh? This is where they believe you can be a Muslim and a Christ-follower forever. It’s called the Common Path. Do we have time to watch a one-minute video? I’m going to show you this video. This is an emergent group that is presenting on the idea of this Common Path. The Common Path is the idea that Muslims and Christians don’t need to come across the aisle. They just can go and find a straight path to the kingdom of God, but watch what he calls the kingdom of God. Go ahead and play that video please.

[Video: “Common Path Alliance.” So let’s say this circle represents the Kingdom of God (or in Arabic you could say Mulaqaat Allah). Now this circle represents Christians. This circle represents Muslims. What’s happened for so many years is that Christians have been telling Muslims, “You’ve got to come over into our circle, become a Christian, and that’s the only way you can come into the kingdom of God.” But Muslims have been saying, “Hey, come over here! You’ve got to become a Muslim. That’s how you really know God and are able to move in the right direction. But really, those things aren’t the issue. The real issue is how can we both move into the Kingdom of God and find a straight path to God. That is the question. [End of video]

So for all these years, specifically for 2,000 years, we’ve been saying to non-Christians “You need to become a Christian to enter the kingdom of God.” Apparently that’s been wrong. You don’t need to become a Christian to get into…. Notice he calls it Mulaqaat Allah, the kingdom of Allah, because they believe Allah is synonymous for God. In fact, I’ll give you one quick example. My spiritual father was at a mission conference in Portland, and the president of the Seattle Pacific University, a so-called Christian college in Seattle, was down at that conference speaking. At the end of her message, she shouted out as her closing prayer, Allah Akbar! Because after all, Allah is synonymous for God, and Allah Akbar means “Allah is the Greatest.” So, no problem, right?

So these guys are promoting this. You know that church in Tacoma that brought the imam? I found out after that their pastor had been teaching this to their staff, the Common Path. And then what’s interesting is Muslims, in their daily prayers–one of their prayers is for Allah to show them the straight path. So here come (forgive me for saying this) ignorant stupid missionaries and say to them, “No, no. You don’t need to become a Christian. Forget all that stuff. You can find the straight path into the kingdom of Allah.” Now folks, the Insider Movement, I would say, is grave error because I think there are many missionaries that are well-meaning, well-intended. This is heresy, let’s be clear! This is heretical! This is heresy! This is denying Christ, because my question to you then is, “Why did Christ come if he is not the only way, if He is not the only path?”

And lastly, I want to show you this, and that is our Bible translations. This is what irks me the most. I’ve left it to the end so if my blood pressure gets high then I can just get off the stage and go pass out. No, I’m not going to seriously pass out; I’m just kidding. I don’t want anybody to get upset. All your elders are going to come over there and get worried that I’m going to fall….

Okay. Corrupted Bible translations. What’s happening? Well, here’s the problem that we’re having. This is where, as I said, we actually did a radio show on this, actually a couple of radio shows that were done on this issue with George Houssney, but this is a major issue. We know for years that Bible translators, you know, it’s a very difficult job, right, translating the Bible into the hundreds of languages that are there. And the key there is we want to make sure that we are looking for words in the culture that can describe the words in the Bible. However, the premise is that when there’s a term in the Bible that is a specific term, you have to make sure that you don’t lose the context of that term when you’re translating. I’ve talked to many translators, for example, that have translated Bibles into Farsi, the language of Iran, and we’ve talked about this issue that you’re got to be very careful when there’s a specific connotation.

So for example, is the term “Father” or “Heavenly Father” important? It’s critical, right? Because we know that the Bible teaches us Father, Son, Holy Spirit–the characteristics of the Father and the Son. God is our Father. By the way, when I became a Christian, my dad was very upset that I converted. Fortunately he didn’t want to kill me, but he did disown me. Day three of being a Christian, when I told him, he disowned me. So on day three of being a Christian, God became my Father. Do you hear what I’m saying? God became the Father to the fatherless. I had no problem understanding this concept right away. But the missionaries were saying, “Well, Muslims don’t understand. This will offend them because the Quran says Allah is not a Father, nor has a Son.”

So here’s the solution. When we’re translating it, let’s take those terms out and let’s replace it with the word Allah. So every major Arabic translation now that we see in the world, in those that are called Muslim-friendly Bibles, has now the word Allah for every reference to God, including every reference to God as Father. So every time Jesus would have called God the Father it says Allah. And every time that it says Son of God. they just took that term out, because Muslims don’t understand the Son of God. They would be offended by it. It’s going to get in the way.

Everything I’m telling you is what I’ve heard. It’s what they’re telling me. Now what happened was George Houssney led a revolt because he had gone to Wycliffe. He approached Wycliffe. He exercised Matthew 18; he went to them directly. They wouldn’t change their practices. So he led a boycott and 13,000 Assemblies of God churches boycotted Wycliffe. That was big bucks. So Wycliffe said, “Oh, okay, you’ve got our attention now.” So they went and presented themselves to the international panel–both the people that were what we call contextualists (who believed this was a contextual issue) and noncontextualists. That panel then said to Wycliffe, “You need to stop doing this. You can’t do this.” And Wycliffe has not stopped. In fact, Wycliffe claims that this never happened and it claims that it’s fixed any errors. It has not. These Bibles are still being produced in America and around the world, specifically translations into Arabic.

Now hopefully you’re tracking with me and you know what the Bible says about changing the gospel. What did Paul say? If anybody presents to you a gospel other than what they have presented, what did Paul say? Let him be accursed. Whoooo! What about verses about changing the Word of God? This is gravely serious. And here’s the worst part of this—well, maybe it’s not the worst part, because the worst part is touching the Word of God–but here’s one of the bad parts. Local missionaries have said this–local indigenous missionaries who are trying to reach Muslims in countries—are telling these western missionaries, “Stop doing this. We don’t need this nonsense to reach Muslims.”

And so they’ve said, and I will say, you know what we’re doing? We’re actually proving the Quran correct. The Quran says the Bible is corrupted, right? The Quran says you shouldn’t say God is Allah the Father, we shouldn’t say there’s a Son, we shouldn’t say there’s a Holy Spirit. So what happens? We accommodate and change our Bibles. My Lord, my God, what are we doing? This is on us, and this is not reaching Muslims. This is not rescuing…by the way, we don’t have this problem in Iran because in our language, there’s a generic term for God, khodah. And I’ve talked to Bible translators and they don’t do this nonsense with the Iranian Bibles. But it is specifically an Arab issue, but now they’re making it a Muslim issue.

So let me wrap up because we’ve got to stop. There’s so much more I can share, but I just want to wrap up and say this, because we talked about what can we do? This is why the truth is so important, right? We need the truth; we need to know what’s happening. As Andy said at the beginning, this is on us. This is what we are doing: we’re capitulating to the demands of an antichrist spirit because we think that we can be more effective in reaching… Remember I said at the beginning that God didn’t forget about Muslims when He came up with the gospel? It’s the same gospel yesterday as it is today, as it is forever.

We’ve got to wake up! The church has got to wake up to what’s going on. This whole conference is about understanding that Islam is a threat. We have been breached. But Andy brought to you and I’ve tried to bring to you that it’s nothing that we’re afraid of. We need to put on our armor, get ready for these spiritual and physical battles, and be about the kingdom of God–be about the message of God’s Word and stand in this hour. We’re not afraid of Islam. Why are we afraid of Muslims? What can a Muslim do to me? “Oh, they can kill you.” Great! They’re doing me a favor. Paul says “to live is Christ, to die is gain.” So they’re doing me a favor if I get to go see the Lord that much sooner.

But guess what? My life is in God’s hands. Your life is in God’s hands. So let’s not worry about how many days we have. Be faithful, pray for protection and be about the work of the kingdom and the work of fulfilling your ministry. Let’s leave the rest into God’s hands. Let’s stop being afraid. By the way, capitulation doesn’t work with an antichrist spirit. You remember how Jesus confronted the demons? You stand your ground. “I rebuke you in the name of Jesus. Get away from me, Satan.” So that’s why we need to take authority in our communities over Islam being watchmen on the wall. We need to speak the truth in love. We need to stop compromising God’s Word. What permission do we have to do this type of stuff? None.

Then we need to remember, as I said yesterday, the gospel is offensive. When you share the gospel with a Muslim, as Paul says in Romans 9:33, they probably will get offended. [Romans 9:33, Behold, I lay in Zion a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense, and he who believes in Him will not be put to shame.] Don’t worry about it. Did you do it in love? That’s your question, right? God, help me to speak the truth in love to them. Help me to have Your heart for them, but help me to speak the truth. I love pounding this book, by the way. I’m sorry that I’m pounding this book; it’s because it’s the Reliance of the Traveller. I’m pounding it into submission. Pray for the fear of the Lord on God’s people again. We’ve got to stop being afraid of man. We’ve got to pray for courage. We’ve got to pray for boldness.

Here’s the last part that people don’t usually like when I bring up. We need to say, “Lord, if it takes persecution to put a fire under your church–if that’s what it’s going to take–so be it. Do you know that I’ve been rebuked for that? Do you know that Christians and pastors have rebuked… don’t you dare pray for persecution. I said that it’s not that I want persecution. It’s that I’m saying, “Lord whatever is necessary to awaken Your church.”

But I tell you, there are believers from other parts of the world (like in Iran) that are praying for America and the church. And when we ask them, “What are you praying for the American church?” “Well, do you want us to really tell you?” “Yes.” “Well, we’re praying for a little persecution because you guys are weak.” And you go, “Ooooh!” We needed to hear that, though. I needed to hear that. “Be strong and courageous and do not be afraid nor discouraged; the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

And lastly, lastly folks, we’ve got to remember Islam is a spiritual dimension. We’re dealing with demonic entities with an antichrist spirit. This is Satan’s last day attempt, right? This is, as Dr. Woods has brought before you yesterday and today, these Islamic countries manifesting this demonic Islamic presence that hates God, that hates Israel, that hates Christians. It is upon the earth–it is going to be in those last days. But God knows it and God is going to defeat it and God is going to bring it to its knees. And take that message back to your churches, to your communities, to this community. There’s no common God, there’s no common Word, there’s no Chrislam! This is all nonsense! There is but one God, one Word, one faith, one Lord, one baptism, and He’s the One that we stand on.

And lastly, and I’ll wrap with this, please, please, please, stand with and pray for Israel. Dr. Woods just said it. It is the hour of choosing, and I choose to say to the Lord my God, “I stand with Your people Israel. I stand with Your covenantal people. I will not betray them, I will not forsake them, and I will not turn my back on them.” I’m not ashamed of the gospel. Please don’t be ashamed of the gospel. And with that, I’ll turn it over. Andy, thank you again for letting us be here. I pray the Lord will bring us back. Lord bless you guys.
Summary Slides for “Exposing Chrislam”
What is Chrislam?
*Claim that Christianity and Islam have a common word
Both the Bible and Quran are recognized as holy books with divine truth
*Claim that Jehovah and Allah are the same God
*Where does it really come from?
Surah 3:64 – “O people of the book! Come to a common word between us and you,
that we worship none but Allah, and that we associate no partners with him,
and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allah. – Surah 3:64
*Promoted in US through an agreement drafted at Yale Center for Faith and
> “Loving God and Neighbor Together: A Christian Response to a Common Word
Between Us and You”
> Focused on reconciling Christianity and Islam
> Asked forgiveness of the “All Merciful One”
> Total of 500 leaders signed
> Signed by pastors Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, Robert Schuller, John Stott, Leith
Anderson (President of NAE). Fuller Theological Seminary leaders, several
leaders from Emergent Churches
> www.yale.edu/faith/acw/acw.htm
*Chrislam congregations
> Chrislam Sunday (June 26, 2011)
> Sunday School lessons centered on teachings of prophet Mohammed
> Qurans placed in the pews next to Bibles
> Several hundred churches participated; Not One Mosque

There is NO Common Word
*Jesus is the Word!
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was
God.He was in the beginning with God. – John 1:1-2
All Scripture is (God-breathed) inspired by God, and profitable for teaching for
reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness… – 2 Timothy 3:16
*Quran claims the Bible is corrupted
Surah 5:77 – Say, “O People of the Scripture, do not exceed limits in your religion
beyond the truth and do not follow the inclinations of a people who had gone
astray before and misled many…”
Billboard: Holy Quran – The Final Testament

Jehovah is NOT Allah
* Jehovah is the One and Only True God!
> You shall not worship other gods
Exodus 34:14 “For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, Whose name is
Jealous, is a jealous God.” Exodus 34:14
> The God of the Bible is a God of Love
I John 4:7-8 “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone
who loves is born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not
know God, for God is love.
> There is no lie in God
Numbers 23:19 “God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He
should repent; Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He
not make it good?”
* Who is Allah?
 Allah is a moon god from the Qurayash tribe (One of 360 idols)
 Allah is derived from Al-ilah (“the god”)
 Kaaba was referreds to as Beit Allah (House of Allah)
 Hubal (Hu-Baal) was chief god of the Kaaba
 Father’s name translated literally “Abd Allah” or “slave of Allah”
 Allah is never mentioned as a god of love in the Quran
 “Allah Khayrul-Makereen” or “Al Makr” (Surah 3:54, 13:42)
 Taqiyya – (Surah 16:106, c.6.2, r.8.2 ROT)

Allah is Satanic
* Fall of Satan from heaven
Isaiah 14:12 KJV “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
How art thou cut down to the ground which didst weaken the nations.”
* Halal (helel): Bright moon, or shining moon
* Ben Sahar: Son of the morning (morning star)
* Attitude of /Satan towards Yahweh
Isaiah 14:13 NASB “But you said in your heart, ‘I will raise my throne above the
starts of God, And I will sit on the mount of the assembly in the recesses of the
* Ascend?
* ”alah”

Would the Real Jesus Arise?
> Jesus the Son of the Living God
John 10:25-30 – “Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe; the
works that I do in My Father’s name, these testify of Me…I and the Father are
> Jesus is fully God/fully Man
John 1:14 – “And the Word became flesh , and dwelt among us, and we saw His
glory, glory as of the only begotten from the father, full of grace and truth.”
> The only path of salvation
John 14:6 – “Jesus said to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one
comes to the Father but through Me.”
> Isa mentioned 97 times (Prophet of Allah only)
Billboard: Jesus – A Prophet of Islam
Surah 5:72-75 – …the Messiah has said…Indeed, he who associates others with
Allah – Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire…
The Messiah, son of Mary, was not but a messenger…

Surah 19:88-93 – “And they say: ‘The Most Merciful (Allah) has taken (for
Himself) a son.’ Assuredly you utter a hideous thing, whereby almost the
heavens are torn, and the earth is split asunder and the mountains fall in
> Allah has no son (Muslims pray this in daily prayers)
Billboard: Find Jesus in the Quran 3:45

Islam in Denial
*Denies the Trinity (//Father, son, Holy Spirit)
*Denies the Crucifixion
*Denies the Resurrection
*Denies the Father and the Son
*Denies Isaac as legitimate seed of the blessing given to Abraham
*Denies Jesus’ return as king of Kings and Lord of Lords

Is Chrislam Infiltrating Missions?
*Groups promoting “common word” and Allah and Jehovah as the same
> Hub Communities (Joint Bible/Quran – Frontiers)
> Crescent Project (Bridge building)
> Camel Method (Bridge building)
> King’s Way Document (Spiritual Reconciliation)
*Insider Movement
> Muslims accepting Jesus Christ as savior – staying as Muslims for a time?
> Around 85% go back to Islam
*Messianic Muslims
> Being both Muslim and a follower of Jesus Christ?
> Referred to as the Common Path (Straight Path)
*Corrupted Bible translations (ex: Wycliffe Bibles)
> Replacing “Father” with Allah
> Replacing “Son of God” with messiah or omitting (offends Muslims)

What Can We Do??
*Wake up America
*Wake up Church
*We are being breached by Islam
> National security, government, schools, media, churches
> Watchmen on the wall
*Speak the “Truth in Love”
*Stop compromising God’s Word
*Remember the Gospel is offensive
Romans 9:33 – “Behold, I lay in Zion a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense,
and he who believes in Him will not be put to shame.”
*Pray for the Fear of the Lord on Go’s people
*Pray for great courage, boldness, and even persecution
*Pray against the spirit of Islam (Pray for salvation)
*Take the message back to your churches, pastors, and community
NO common god, NO common word, NO Chrislam
*Please stand with and pray for Israel